Am I an Alcoholic?
Many people struggle with alcohol addiction; however, many people do not know they have a problem with alcohol. Oftentimes the addict will ignore the warning signs or make excuses for their behaviors and the consequences they are experiencing as a result of their drinking. As they continue to drink, the addict falls deeper into addiction and alcohol rehab may be the only way out for them. The Johns Hopkins University Hospital Alcoholism Screening is a tool that can help those who may not be sure if they may have an alcohol problem. Questions that are asked in this screening include:
- Do you lose time from work due to drinking?
- Is drinking making your home life unhappy?
- Do you drink because you are shy with other people?
- Is drinking affecting your reputation?
- Have you ever felt remorse after drinking?
- Have you gotten into financial difficulties as a result of drinking?
- Do you turn to lower companions and an inferior environment when drinking?
- Does your drinking make you careless of your family’s welfare?
- Has your ambition decreased since drinking?
- Do you crave a drink at a definite time daily?
- Do you want a drink the next morning?
- Does drinking cause you to have difficulty sleeping?
- Has your efficiency decreased since drinking?
- Is drinking jeopardizing your job or business?
- Do you drink to escape from worries or trouble?
- Do you drink alone?
- Have you ever had a complete loss of memory as a result of drinking’?
- Has your physician ever treated you for drinking?
- Do you drink to build up your self-confidence?
- Have you ever been to a hospital or institution on account of drinking?
According to the Office of Health Care Programs at Johns Hopkins University Hospital, developers of this screening quiz conclude that if you answered “yes” to 3 or more questions then it is a definite sign that your drinking patterns are harmful and possibly considered alcohol dependent or alcoholic. Seeking treatment at an alcohol rehab center will help regain control of your life. Stepping Stone Center can help you or a loved one break free from the grips of addiction. Call us today 866-841-2789.