Alcohol Awareness Every Month
Alcohol awareness should be every month, not just designated months. It seems that more treatment centers rather than society are in tune with the alcohol awareness months. Alcohol statistics continue to grow and various resources report these stats for us to gain knowledge about.
- The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that regular drinkers 18 years and older are about 50.9% of the population.
- The World Health Organization reports that 2.5 million people around the world die each year from alcohol-related deaths.
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) reports that this year 10,389 people will die in drunk driving crashes, that is one person every 50 minutes.
These are a few of the organizations who are constantly researching alcohol addiction and why addiction treatment for alcohol is so important. With the number of fatalities directly or indirectly from alcohol consumption, we as a society should take addiction to alcohol more serious. As the legal liquid drug, most people are not aware of how dangerous alcohol addiction really is. Resources that are available to those who would like more information about alcoholism and help are:
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Adult Children of Alcoholics Support Group
- Celebrate Recovery
- God and the Twelve Steps
- Mothers Against Drunk Driving
- The National Association of State Alcohol/Drug Abuse Directors
Alcohol is a deadly poison to your system and if someone is addicted to alcohol he or she should seek an inpatient medical detox to decrease the risk of physical symptoms related to withdrawal.